“Truth is not something outside to be discovered, it is something inside to be realized.” ~ Osho
I offer 1:1 mentoring to mothers and daughters, either together or separately, who are interested in working through The Difficult Mother-Daughter Relationship Journal: A Guide To Revealing & Healing Toxic Generational Patterns (release date, December 2019).
Who is this for? It’s for you if…
- you struggle in your relationship with your mother and want it to be better.
- you struggle in your relationship with your daughter…she’s changed and you don’t understand her any more.
- you wish to no longer be in contact with your mother, without guilt.
- you are estranged from your daughter, not by your choice.
- you are estranged from your mother and you either no longer want to feel badly about it or want to reestablish contact but don’t know how.
- you are the mother of a daughter and want to “break the cycle.”
- she has died and you have unresolved pain in regards to your relationship with her.
Note: If you are actively processing trauma, some of the prompts and practices may be triggering. Please seek out therapy if this applies to you. I can offer resources to help you find the right practitioner.
With my guidance, you can work through the Guided Journal, which includes insights, prompts, and practices that will help you…
- access your own wisdom
- better see and understand the painful patterns that have come to you and through you via your maternal lineage.
- heal those patterns so they are no longer create suffering.
- have a relationship that is built on healthy interdependence rather than dysfunctional codependence (assuming she is capable, which she very well may not be and that is not your fault or your responsibility).
- set and maintain healthy boundaries.
- accept what is, as is, even if she isn’t ready for what you want.
So that you can experience…
- More self-trust, less self-betrayal
- More joy and fulfillment, less trying to prove your worth
- More whole, less fragmented
- More forward momentum, less “stuck”
- More (healthy) boundaries, less martyrdom
- More self-permission, less approval seeking
- More clarity, less confusion and overwhelm
- More belonging (even if just to yourself), less people-pleasing
- More healthy interdependence, less co-dependence and enmeshment
- More healing, less fixing
- More self-agency, less punishment (and self-sabotage)
- More equanimity, less chronic worry and anxiety
- More self-care, less navel-gazing
- More expression, less explaining
- More “because I want to,” less “because I should” and “because I have to”
- More glee, less resentment
- More authenticity, less perfectionism
- More connection, less conformity
- More confidence, less guilt
- More integrity, less shame
- More responsibility (the ability to respond), less reaction, blame, and fault-finding
- More love, less fear
And when you find yourself on the “less” side of the equation (because you will), you will trust that you have the resilience to love yourself through it.
Why do this with me?
Because I’ve been in the process of revealing and healing my own painful generational patterns since 2005. And because I am committed to continuing to do so. I’ve learned a lot along the way.
I see a bigger picture and hold a greater vision: the toxic generational patterns I mention in the title of my book? They have their roots in patriarchy, misogyny, and white supremacy. This is the trauma that runs deep in our DNA. It is what was unconsciously passed down through our maternal lineages and we now hold it in our bodies. This is what’s at the heart of most mother-daughter conflict.
How we choose to heal individually is how we will heal collectively, and there’s a lot that wants to be healed.
I offer coaching and guidance in three-month increments.