The Alpha Mare is calm because her boundaries are impeccable. Because she knows who she is – with clarity and equanimity – the other horses respect her. She does not let herself be influenced by another horse’s fears or anxieties or aggression. She knows the right thing to do, based on her own internal signals, and she does it. She doesn’t need approval or permission. She lives and breathes from a place of integrity and certainty, because of her strong and appropriate boundaries. As a result, she is relaxed and at peace. She belongs to herself. She has an undefended heart. ~ with thanks to Martha Beck and Elizabeth Gilbert
Fear makes us defend our hearts. It makes us hide. Never relaxed. Never at peace.
Impeccable boundaries alleviate fear.
Impeccable boundaries allow you to stand in integrity and speak your truth.
Impeccable boundaries communicate what is okay and what is not okay.
Impeccable boundaries allow you to have an undefended heart.
Impeccable boundaries mitigate guilt.
Impeccable boundaries are both badass and kind. Both fierce and compassionate. And the kinder you are, the more impeccable your boundaries become. Really.
Impeccable boundaries are energetic. The more you practice, the less anyone (not even your mother) will consider messing with you.
Impeccable boundaries allow you to “walk in the world with your guard down, your eyes filled with curiosity, your soul filled with simple wonder. That is the alpha mare, and she’s inside you.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
Because really…who wants to live their lives from a place of chronic defensiveness, reaction, frustration, and annoyance?
Here’s what I’ve learned in the process of creating my own Impeccable Boundaries, and in helping hundreds of other women do the same:
Boundaries go waaaaaaay beyond throwing up our defenses when our mother has done something to harm us or piss us off.
“Boundaries are your values in action.” ~ Randi Buckley
I invite you to take a deep dive with me into the art and science of impeccable boundaries.
The Impeccable Boundaries Workshop is all about redefining what boundaries mean to you so they serve, honor, and reflect the best of who you are.
During this half-day workshop, you will create a custom, personal boundaries blueprint that you will always be able to turn to.
You will learn:
- How to define boundaries in such a way that they feel natural to you
- How to create and maintain boundaries
- How to communicate your boundaries
- How to reduce the guilt, anxiety, and backlash that seem inevitable when you set boundaries (especially with people who aren’t used to you having them)
- How to keep your cool when “triggered”
- How to come back to yourself when you get lost, overwhelmed, or confused
- How to speak your truth in a way that is kind and also in a way that leaves little room for interpretation and manipulation
- When: Saturday, September 30, 11:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Where: Blissworks Yoga & Healing Arts, 228 Bank St., New London, CT
- How Much: $147 (click here to register)
This program is for you if:
- You’d like to create boundaries that are healthy, easily communicated, and clear
- You’ve found that traditional boundary advice doesn’t work for you, reflect your values, or who you are
- You desire a personal solution
- You believe you don’t deserve boundaries, or that boundaries are selfish, and you want to change that!
- It is not a substitute for medical or mental health care.
- If you are processing deep pain, memories, or trauma, you might be better served in a professional mental health setting. If you have questions, please contact me.
Register here: Impeccable Boundaries Workshop