I don’t know about you, but when I am working on something new I need and LIKE to be reminded, often, of just what it is I said I want.
“Oh yeah, I said I wanted better boundaries in my relationship with my mother,” and “Oh yeah, I said I wanted to feel more comfortable expressing myself,” and “Oh yeah, I said I wanted to be less reactive.”
This is why I created The Peaceful Daughter Community. Finally.
Because you don’t want to take a class.
Your local support groups don’t really get it…and you sometimes leave feeling worse than you did when you arrived.
Free online groups have little or no structure and are overwhelming.
One-on-one coaching is great, but what about the times when you don’t have a session scheduled?
Perhaps you’ve read the The Peaceful Daughter’s Guide To Separating From A Difficult Mother. Perhaps you’ve tried some of the tools. Perhaps you’re still a bit wobbly. And, perhaps, you know that your mother story is holding you back from something you want to be, do, or accomplish – AND…
You’re ready to take what you’ve read and put it into practice,
in service of that greater thing.
The Peaceful Daughter Community will help you practice and integrate what you’ve learned (“make it real”), while also reminding you, on a daily basis, that you ARE a Peaceful Daughter.
The Peaceful Daughter Community will also help you take those next steps you say you want to take, cheer you on when you take them, and hold your hand when things don’t go the way you wanted them to.
The Peaceful Daughter Community is…
- a space where women who have read (or are reading, or who want to read) The Peaceful Daughter’s Guide can gather to share their stories, practice the tools, and get support and coaching from me.
- a SECRET Facebook group.
- weekly writing prompts.
- a resource library that includes some of my favorite Impeccable Boundaries for Peaceful Daughters lessons/concepts/exercises
- monthly recorded group coaching calls via Zoom (the third Thursday of every month at 3 p.m. Eastern).
- so you don’t have to go it alone.
- only $47/month
Why? Because I truly believe, way down deep, that it will be the women who have made peace with their mothers (and this doesn’t look like you might think it does) who will change the world for the better, but not at their own expense.
This group is for you if…
- you are working on something specific and you’d like direct support, coaching, and community.
- you resonate with the teaching in The Peaceful Daughter’s Guide….
- you want a place where you can ask questions and get them answered promptly (within reason…usually within 24 hours).
- you recognize that going it alone isn’t for you.
- you know that you are meant to do something bigger in your life and that “something” is holding you back.
- you want to laugh and have fun, while at the same time dealing with a topic that you’re used to crying over.
- you like the idea of making commitments to yourself.
What kind of women belong to The Peaceful Daughter Community?
Our members are all ages and from all over the world. They peacemakers, artists, nurses, writers, advocates, mothers, not-mothers, and seekers. They are too big for their britches. They rock boats.
One thing they have in common is a desire to tell themselves better, more empowering stories about themselves and their relationships with their mothers. They want to be better mothers themselves (which doesn’t necessarily mean doing everything differently than their mothers), better partners, better women. They want to like and respect who they are, and how they show up in the world.
How much time should I devote to The Peaceful Daughter Community?
As much as you’d like! Whether you regularly post in the secret Facebook group and attend the monthly Zoom calls, or are someone who observes and absorbs, we’re here for you. Some check in daily to see what’s happening. Others check in once or twice a week. I post weekly writing prompts and other inspiration to keep it interesting.
What’s the commitment?
Other than showing up as your authentic, honest self there is no commitment. You can quit anytime – no questions asked.
Where is the community hosted?
I have created a secret Facebook group (which means that no one, other than those in the group, can see that it even exists). The monthly calls are hosted by me, via Zoom, and are recorded.
How it this group different than your free Peaceful Daughter group, and is that group going away?
When I created the current, free Peaceful Daughter group in 2015, I had no idea what y’all would need and want. There were times when I overstepped a boundary I created that says, “I do not coach women who aren’t paying me to do so” (not because I am selfish, but because I believe that a coaching relationship is one that is entered into mutually). And while I offer other ways of working with me, I didn’t have a less formal, less expensive option.
So the main differences are:
It’s a paid option, secret (versus private), there’s more structure, there’s direct coaching and support from me, and the women who join are serious about resolving their mommy issues because they are ready to play a bigger game 🙂
I can’t wait to meet you!