MARE: A RE-MOTHERING COMMUNITY
COMPASSIONATE ACCOUNTABILITY FOR ADULT DAUGHTERS
The Mare is calm because her boundaries are impeccable. Because she knows who she is – with clarity and equanimity – the other horses respect her. She does not let herself be influenced by another horse’s fears or anxieties or aggression. She knows the right thing to do, based on her own internal signals, and she does it. She doesn’t need approval or permission. She lives and breathes from a place of integrity and certainty, because of her strong and appropriate boundaries. As a result, she is relaxed and at peace. She belongs to herself. She has an undefended heart. ~ with thanks to Martha Beck and Elizabeth Gilbert
I don’t know about you, but when I am working on something new I need and LIKE to be reminded, often, of just what it is I said I want.
“Oh yeah, I said I wanted better boundaries in my relationship with my mother,” and “Oh yeah, I said I wanted to feel more comfortable expressing myself,” and “Oh yeah, I said I wanted to be less reactive.”
This is why I created Mare: A Re-Mothering Community.
Because you don’t want to take a class.
Your local support groups don’t really get it…and you sometimes leave feeling worse than you did when you arrived.
Free online groups have little or no structure and are overwhelming.
One-on-one coaching is great, but what about the times when you don’t have a session scheduled?
You desire some compassionate accountability.
Perhaps you’ve read Difficult Mothers, Adult Daughters: A Guide For Separation, Liberation & Inspiration. Perhaps you’ve tried some of the tools. Perhaps you’re still a bit wobbly. And, perhaps, you know that your mother story is holding you back from something you want to be, do, or accomplish – AND…
You’re ready to take what you’ve read and put it into practice,
in service of that greater thing.
Mare: A Re-Mothering Community will help you practice and integrate what you’ve learned (“make it real”), while also reminding you, on a daily basis, of who you say you want to be in the world.
Mare: A Re-Mothering Community will also help you take those next steps you say you want to take, cheer you on when you take them, and hold your hand when things don’t go the way you wanted them to.
Mare: A Re-Mothering Community…
- is a space where women who have read (or are reading, or who want to read) Difficult Mothers, Adult Daughters can gather to share their stories, practice the tools, and get support and coaching from me.
- a SECRET Facebook group.
- weekly writing prompts.
- access to my Impeccable Boundaries for Your Life & Relationships eCourse
- participation in any workshops I offer
- monthly recorded group coaching calls via Zoom (the third Thursday of every month at 3 p.m. Eastern).
- so you don’t have to go it alone.
- only $75/month
Why? Because I truly believe, way down deep, that it will be the women who have made peace with their mothers (and this doesn’t look like you might think it does) who will change the world for the better, but not at their own expense.
- you are working on something specific and you’d like direct support, coaching, and community.
- you resonate with the teaching in Difficult Mothers, Adult Daughters
- you want a place where you can ask questions and get them answered promptly (within reason…usually within 24 hours).
- you recognize that going it alone isn’t for you.
- you know that you are meant to do something bigger in your life and that “something” is holding you back.
- you want to laugh and have fun, while at the same time dealing with a topic that you’re used to crying over.
- you like the idea of making commitments to yourself.
What kind of women
Our members are all ages and from all over the world. They are peacemakers, artists, teachers, nurses, writers, advocates, mothers, not-mothers, and seekers. They are too big for their britches. They rock boats.
One thing they have in common is a desire to tell themselves better, more empowering stories about themselves and their relationships with their mothers. They want to be more aware in their own lives as mothers themselves (which doesn’t necessarily mean doing everything differently than their mothers), partners, friends, artists, creators, humans. They want to like and respect who they are, and how they show up in the world.
How much time should I devote to Mare: A Re-Mothering Community?
As much as you’d like! Whether you regularly post in the secret Facebook group and attend the monthly Zoom calls, or are someone who observes and absorbs, we’re here for you. Some check in daily to see what’s happening. Others check in once or twice a week. I post weekly writing prompts and other inspiration to keep it interesting.
What’s the commitment?
Other than showing up as your authentic, honest self there is no commitment. You can quit anytime – no questions asked.
Where is the community hosted?
I have created a secret Facebook group (which means that no one, other than those in the group, can see that it even exists). The monthly calls are hosted by me, via Zoom, and are recorded.
I can’t wait to meet you!